Better Parks Make a Better Community
The mission of the Allegheny County Parks Foundation is to help improve, conserve, maintain, protect, preserve and restore Allegheny County park facilities and open spaces, and also to support educational, recreational, natural and cultural activities. The Parks Foundation assists in the transformation of the nine Allegheny County Parks by assembling resources, improving assets, and mobilizing public and private stakeholders to advance strategies and aspirations to make parks signature assets of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Our Core Values
- Excellence. We stand for best practices in enhancing the park experience by building sustainable improvements that incorporate both high-quality design and respectful preservation of treasured park assets.
- Healthy Lifestyles. We strive to provide and preserve facilities open spaces, and offer programs that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Collaboration. We are committed to mobilizing volunteers and building partnerships with citizens who recognize our network of parks as a unique and valued asset to pass along to the coming generations as part of a growing and vibrant community.
- Sustainability. We act as stewards of vital spaces that allow opportunities for sound environmental practices and ecological education.
- Accessibility. We are committed to fair allocation of assets to all of the parks and strategies to enable access to parks by all county residents.